Transcript of Video Below:
There’s a mist covering you. It keeps you from seeing how far you’ve come. It saps your courage and keeps you from progressing. And most of the time, you don’t even notice it’s there.
It’s called disbelief.
I’m talking about disbelief in your abilities, your purpose, and your potential. The mist of disbelief keeps you from seeing what’s right in front of you. It causes you to live life with the emergency brake engaged.
You MUST have childlike faith in order to push past your most formidable obstacles.
The problem is, “childlike faith” is all but extinct today.
Where did it all go? Well, as we grew up, it seemed to disappear like a vapor in the wind. Ever so slowly did we stop believing.
I saw a headline in the New York Times many years ago called “Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus.” The article was written to a little girl who wanted to know if Santa Claus really existed. The editor responded back, telling her that her childlike faith was the support beam for a desperate world. He was truly right.
But these days, childlike faith has been smothered. Smashed out. Punched in the catfish. Instead, disbelief and skepticism are running rampant.
If you suffer from disbelief, your situation probably looks like this:
- You constantly forget how far you’ve come
- You wait around and do nothing, paralyzed by your fear of potential failure.
- You find it incredibly hard to remind yourself of your blessings.
If you identify with these things, then you have hit a dangerously low level.
This is officially an emergency situation.
And in emergency situations, you must take emergency steps quickly.
You have to find a way to break through the barrier of disbelief. And I’m going to give you my method.
Do these three things immediately to start believing again:
1. Remember your past. Make a list of those things that you overcame. I list out the challenge and the outcome. This is one of time that you want to think back and remember all the great things in your life. There were many times when you were faced with insurmountable problems. And yet, through them all, you found the way out. Somehow, a way was made for you to get through that trial and tribulation.
2. Take inventory of your present situation. Make another list of the challenges you are experiencing right now. Now begin thinking about them, in light of your past victories. You will not let these overcome you. You didn’t before, and you won’t now. You’ve proven to yourself that you can overcome obstacles. Now you have new obstacles, and you will overcome them too.
3. Speak your future into existence. Repeat these three things over and over again: “I believe my life has divine direction. I believe that I’ll always end up on the right path. I believe that God will create a road where none exist.” Repeat these to yourself 30 times a day, and open your eyes to the possibilities.
Doing these three things will set your heart on fire. You will feel your confidence returning as quickly as it had left. And, most importantly, you will begin to believe again.
Do them tonight. Do them before you go to bed. No more waiting around. This is too important.
Fight your way out of the mist by reminding yourself of this truth. Just do it!!
I have three free gifts for you today.
Click the image to the right to download:
- The Your Way Out of the Mist interactive worksheet
- The Your Way Out of the Mist pdf transcript
- The Your Way Out of the Mist audio version
Question: What things must you tell yourself over and over again to believe?